Community Services Division
The Community Services Division, formerly the Human Services Division, assists our community with providing funding for critical services for low- or moderately-low income citizens. We strive to serve the community by enabling people to live more satisfying, more independent and more productive lives. We work cooperatively with various professionals and assume a wide-range of roles to assist individuals, groups, organizations and communities.
The Community Services Division supports community non-profit groups through grant funding. This funding is then used for services such as food, clothing, housing, advocacy, crisis help, medical/dental program and various other needs in the community. We do not provide direct services to clients. If assistance is needed, please view our “Where to Find Help” guide.
View the following resources to access more information on human services:
- King County Consortium Consolidated Plan 2015-19 including the Public Participation Plan
- City of Federal Way's 2013 Annual Action Plan
- City of Federal Way Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
The City of Federal Way has posted the following notices for the CDBG Program:
- 2016 CAPER
- Public Hearing Notice on the draft 2016 CAPER
- Notice of Funds Available for Human Services Agencies (2017/2018)
- Application for Funds Available for Human Services Agencies (2017/2018)
- Public Notice of Notice of Funding Availability 2017 CERF
- 2017 CERF Application
- Public Hearing Notice on the draft 2016 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- Draft 2016 Annual Action Plan (AAP)
- Public Hearing Notice on the draft 2015 CAPER
- Draft 2015 CAPER
- Public Hearing Notice on the Draft NRSA Plan
- Draft NRSA Plan
Housing Repair Program
This program will assist qualified homeowners with emergency housing problems that pose an unforeseen combination of circumstances that require immediate action to protect the health and safety of its occupants or the neighborhood as a whole. For more information and application packet, please click here.
Housing Repair Contractors
If you would like to be on our Home Repair Contractor Roster, please fill out the application and return to Jeri-Lynn Clark.