Utility Tax Rebate Program
In 2003, the Federal Way City Council recognized that senior and disabled citizens could be negatively affected by increases in utility taxes. They created the Utility Tax Rebate Program. In 2007, disabled citizens were included in the program. This annual program opens January 1 and closes April 30 of each year. Please see below for the requirements of the program and how to apply.
- Must be over 65 years old or have a disability (disability is defined by RCW 84.36.381 or WAC 458-16A-130)
- Live in the incorporated city limits of Federal Way
- Meet the income level as defined by Housing and Urban Development (based on the number of people in household):
- 1 person - $31,650
- 2 people - $36,150
- 3 people - $40,650
- 4 people - $45,150
- 5 or more - please call 253-835-2526
- Have originals or copies of full bills
If you are interested in signing up or have questions, please call 253.835.2526.
Need Immediate Assistance?
The City of Federal Way funds agencies that provide direct assistance to our citizens. If you need immediate assistance with utilities, rent, food, shelter, or other items, please check out these lists of resources.