First-Time Applicants / New or Renewal for Minors
You may submit your passport application at:
Federal Way City Hall
Second Floor Permit Center
33325 8th Avenue South
Federal Way, WA 98003
NOTE: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Mon - Fri / 10:00AM - 2:30PM
- Regular Service: Six to eight weeks
- Expedited Service: Three weeks if returned by overnight delivery (additional fee)
View the Seattle Passport Agency information if you need a passport book (including a renewal) and are traveling sooner than two weeks. Follow this link (New Adult Passport) for information for applying for a new Passport for adults (note, the City of Federal Way must have the payment to the US Department of State by check or money order).
First-Time Applicant and Renewals for Minors
- All those applying (including children and infants) must appear in person.
- For minors, both parents must appear. If one parent is unable to appear, he or she may submit form DS3053 (minor consent) with a copy of his or her identification. The minor consent form is available at City Hall or online.
- Applicable fees (two separate fees, see the Passport Fees page).
- Completed application - applications may be obtained at City Hall or online.
- Valid drivers license, government-issued ID or military ID. Include a photocopy of your ID on an 8 1/2 by 11-inch paper with front and back on the same side of the paper or on separate pages.
- Proof of citizenship:
- Certified birth or naturalization certificate and/or previous passport (original documents only). (If under 16 and renewing a passport, submit the minor's passport and birth certificate.) Birth registration or hospital certificates are not acceptable. A previous passport that expired more than five years ago may be used if over the age of 16.
- One passport photo.