The Public Works Traffic Division responsibilities include:
- Developing long range goals and comprehensive planning related to transportation planning and transportation improvement and capital improvement projects
- Reviewing and analyzing traffic impacts of development and issues related to residential and commercial applications (view information on traffic impact fees and concurrency)
- Maintaining traffic control devices such traffic signs and signals, pavement markings, etc.
- Monitoring and coordinating the timing of traffic signals
- Administration of the Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program
- Administration of the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) and Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) Program
- Arterial street lighting systems maintenance and operation services are provided by contract with Puget Sound Energy and King County