Seasonal Parks Maintenance Worker
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Seasonal Support Worker*
SALARY RANGE: $12.65 - $18.97/hour; Hourly rate determined by contract language
OPENS: January 4, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
NOTE: This is a seasonal, 40 hours or less, support position working variable lengths of time and schedules, with no benefits. Positions that work 347 hours or mare shall be represented by Teamsters Local 763 and is a condition of continued employment. Bargaining unit seasonal employees will only receive the provisions of the agreement as specifically outlined in Section 1.1.2.
Under general supervision, Seasonal Parks Maintenance workers support full-time staff in the following job duties as assigned, some evening, weekend and combined shifts may be required/available.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Litter and garbage control throughout City Park System.
- Facility maintenance tasks such as janitorial cleaning, building repairs and vandalism repairs.
- Athletic field maintenance tasks such as dragging and lining baseball and soccer fields.
- Grounds keeping tasks such as push-mowing, raking, weeding, edging and line trimming.
- Assist with minor carpentry, painting, plumbing and irrigation repairs as needed.
- Safely operate hand tools and assigned power equipment.
- Safely use chemicals, paint products, solvents, etc.
- Perform other related job duties as required to maintain City Parks or property.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with the public, supervisors, and other City staff.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks or projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Applicant may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Applicant must be reliable and able to arrive for assigned shift on time.
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age, have experience in the above listed examples of job duties, and have the physical ability to perform job duties.
LICENSE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 42.43.832.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530.
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.