EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $11.00 - $11.50/hour
OPENS: February 3, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
NOTE: This is a Temporary, Part-Time position with no benefits. Hours may vary, 10-17 hours per week, depending on facility usage. All hours/shifts available to include day, evening and weekends.
Under the direction of the Facility Services Coordinator, assist in birthday party preparation and execution, facility rentals, customer requests, minor custodial duties and other services as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet and check in Birthday Party guests.
- Make sure all party paperwork is signed and go over rules with guests.
- Respond to customer requests; document each activity for full-time staff..
- Prepare and clean up Birthday Party rooms for each party.
- Solve problems quickly and in a positive manner.
- Maintain upkeep and preservation of the facility as needed.
- Inform Facility Services Coordinator of customer service requirements; answer questions, provide tours to interested parties and respond to the needs of visitors.
- Facilitate rentals and enforce policies.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of hospitality services. span>
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively and effectively with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with children and parents.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate is a plus.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.