Inclusive Recreation Fitness Instructor
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Part-time
SALARY RANGE: $20.00-$25.00/hour
OPENS: January 3, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
NOTE: This is a part-time position, approximately 2 hours every other week with the opportunity for additional hours at other Recreation Inclusive activities and has no benefits. The position will begin the second week of January 2017.
Conduct a fitness program for adults with developmental disabilities every other week. With the help of one to three volunteers, develop and instruct a simple fitness regimen for 12 adults in our weight-room area. Maintain professional image and positive attitude under stressful conditions; act as a role model; ensure the safety of participants; assist participants when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain safety of the participants.
- Break participants into small groups and instruct simple and individualized exercise.
- Render first aid in case of minor injury.
- Maintain contact with coordinator.
- Assist participants when needed.
- Communicate effectively with volunteers.
- Attend staff training and staff meetings.
- Perform related duties as directed and/or required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current First Aid Card and CPR card required.
- Must have valid Washington State Driver’s License required with CDL Class C endorsement.
- Experience working with people with disabilities or other populations in a recreation setting is preferred.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications are available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, WA 98003, on our website at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.
The City of Federal Way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For Telecommunication relay service for text or voice telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-863-6388/TDD or 1-800-833-6384/Voice.