Front Desk Clerk
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Temporary, Part-Time
SALARY RANGE: $11.00 - $12.00/hour
OPENS: February 10, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
NOTE: This is a temporary, part-time position with no benefits. Hours may vary, 15-20 hours per week with specific need of evenings and weekends.
Under the direction of the Community Center Supervisor, perform a variety of customer service, clerical and typing duties of a bove-average difficulty at the Federal Way Community Center; provide information and assistance to others as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform a variety of customer service and clerical duties in a fast paced environment such as answering phones, assisting patrons in the community center attending programs or activities, selling community center memberships and guest passes, taking registrations for recreation and cultural services programs, posting records, making arithmetic computations and compiling and recording information from clearly indicated sources. Receive and receipt monies daily, assist in preparation of the daily deposit. Type correspondence, memoranda, reports, requisitions, forms and other documents; proofread and edit written materials as required; operate computer to enter data and generate letters, records and reports. Provide information and assistance to callers; take messages or refer calls or visitors to appropriate personnel; receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Provide information and services to other City departments and personnel, various outside agencies and organizations and the general public. Assist supervisor, department personnel and other clerical staff as required. Operate standard office equipment and machinery such as computers, typewriters, shredders, fax machines, calculators and copiers. Process forms, applications, requisitions and other materials according to established procedures. Order and maintain adequate stocks of office supplies as assigned.
- Deliver excellent customer service, both in person and on the telephone.
- Demonstrate tact, patience and courtesy when enforcing policies and interacting with the public.
- Perform clerical duties of average difficulty.
- Receive monies and make change accurately.
- Operate office equipment such as typewriters, shredders, fax machines, calculators, and copiers.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Maintain records and prepare reports
- Communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing using correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively interact with diverse individuals to accomplish a common goal.
- Successfully pass a background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and one year office clerical experience; including some public contact.
LICENSE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Some positions may require a valid Washington State driver’s license. Current First Aid and CPR cards required or ability to obtain within six months from date of hire is required.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, Federal Way, online at www.cityoffederalway.com, or by calling 253-835-2530.
The City of Federal way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.