Day Camp Leader
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Seasonal, Part-Time, Full-Time*
SALARY RANGE: $11.00 - $12.50/hour DOE
OPENS: January 3, 2017
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
*Note: This is a seasonal position, ranging from 10-40 hours per week with no benefits
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the direction of the Community Recreation Coordinator and Recreation Specialist, Day Camp Leaders will supervise, plan, and lead daily recreational activities for up to 30 children, ages 5-12 attending Day Camp. Our Camp follows the Federal Way School District calendar and will run during spring break, summer and on NO School Days. As a representative of the Department of Parks department, a uniform will be provided and must be worn during working hours.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, lead and teach various activities including, but limited to art, crafts, science, games, sports, theater, and songs.
- Supervise and activiely participate in group activities and serve as a positive role model for children at all times.
- Work closely with other staff, in a an enthusiastic, cooperative and supportive manner.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, parents and supervisors.
- Assist in implementation of discipline plans with children.
- Render first aid in case of injury.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of daily activities.
- Write necessary accident/incident or other reports.
- Attend required staff training and other meetings.
- Maintain professional image and positive attitude at all times.
- Belay children at Rock Wall; (Training is provided for Leaders 18 years and above.)
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Day camp Supervisor and recreation Coordinator.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Educational background in recreation, education, or child development preferred
- Experience in planning, implementing and supervising recreational and/or educational activities for children preferred
- Current First Aid, Child and Adult CPR cards required.
- Ability to successfully pass background check.
- Responsible for own transportation to and from various job sites.
TO APPLY: Please complete a required City of Federal Way application form and attach resume and cover letter. Applications available at City Hall, 33325 8th Ave South, Federal Way, or online at the above website or by calling 253-835-2530. Successful candidates for this position will be subject to a background check pursuant to RCW 43.43.832.
The City of Federal Way is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. Applicants may request a copy of the City’s EEOP Utilization Report by contacting Human Resources at 253-835-2531. Any person requiring ADA accommodation should advise the City of the need. For telecommunications relay service for voice and text telephones call 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388/TTY or 1-800-833-6384/voice.